Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What type of yoga do you offer?
A: We offer a variety of styles of yoga:
- Flow yoga is an active style of yoga that improves strength, flexibility and balance. We offer different levels of this style of yoga.
- Hot yoga is a series of standing and floor poses done in a heated room.
- Ashtanga Yoga is a vigorous style of yoga that is based around the Sun Salutation.
- Fire Flow takes the best of flow, Hot and Ashtanga and puts them all together in a heated room.
- Core is focused on strengthening the muscles of the trunk and abdomen: it is a mix of yoga and Pilates.
- Yin yoga is designed to stretch the connective tissues in the body using long holds.
Q: Do I need to pre-register for a class or can I just show up?
A: All of our regular classes are first come, first served so there is no pre-registration required, you can just show up. New students should come 15 minutes early to get oriented to the studio. Some of our classes can get very full so make sure you arrive on time.
Q: What should I wear?
A: Wear clothes that are easy for you to bend and stretch in. It is nice to wear clothes that are not too baggy so they do not get in the way in some of the poses, but be comfortable! We practice barefoot.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: You need to bring water, a towel and a yoga mat. The studio does have some yoga mats available for use, however we strongly encourage you to bring your own. If you are going to a heated class, two towels are recommended: one for your mat and one for your hands, and water is a must.
Q: Why do you heat the room in some classes?
A: The room is kept warm to protect the muscles. When muscles are warm they are easier to stretch and less prone to injury. The warm room also encourages us to sweat. When we sweat, we use the body’s largest organ of elimination, the skin, to remove toxins from the body. This helps take pressure off of the kidneys and liver. Sweating is a wonderful “detox” for the body!
Q: Do the class packages expire?
A: Yes. All class packages expire 6 months after purchase so keep that in mind when you are deciding what size package you are going to buy.